The Small Sided Soccer Association’s mission is to promote and develop the small sided game and enhance the quality of the experience for all who play, from children entering the game, to youth soccer, to leagues and tournaments, to adult social soccer.
Small Sided Soccer Association (SSSA) is committed to growth and establishment of Small Sided Soccer which is by far our most popular game. SSSA is the first to develop and offer an integrated national structure for Small Sided Soccer, called The National League. We connect Players, Clubs/ Teams, Centers and so much more. Small Sided Soccer is for children and adults of all ages, from 3 to 65+ we encourage everyone to get involved and get kicking.
What is Small Sided soccer?
• Each team consists of 3 to 7 players on either side.
• The pitch is smaller than an average 11 v 11 field. While there is no official size for a small field, a typical pitch is between 90 feet and 150 feet in length, less than a quarter the size of an 11 v 11 field.
Why Small Sided Soccer?
• Many times children get discouraged when playing 11v11 soccer that we all know and love. Children with natural talent tend to get more attention, guidance, and playing time. It is common for children, who are new or less naturally talented, to get lost in the shuffle. It allows children more playing, one on one coaching, and time with the ball.
• 80% of players are adults. Small sided soccer is perfect for social groups, work groups, and friends who don’t have the time for an organized 11 v 11 game.
• Up to eight teams can be created from just two 11 v 11 teams. The smaller team size opens up the ability for smaller communities, groups of friends, and co-workers, to set up tournaments within SSSA’s National League.
• A smaller pitch allows for more goals, game time, and development with skills/ technique.
• Fewer players on the field make players develop skills to play forward and defensively. Nobody is stuck in one position.
To find a center in your area click here!